A calendar may be viewed in different formats. Most of the view formats are selected from the View menu. As an alternative, the appointments of a calendar may also be viewed arranged as a timeline (see below).
• Click on the View menu and choose the mode which is appropriate for your current needs.
• Day shows all the appointments of a specific day.
• Week shows the whole week.
• Month shows the whole month.
• Quarter shows the whole quarter of the year.
• Year shows the whole year.
• Contents show a list of all appointments in the calendar.
In the ‘Contents’ view you can manage appointments like you are used to in normal folders, e.g., sort them by category or status. In the other views you may navigate using the or arrows.
You may highlight weekends in the calendar views by activating the option View Highlight Weekends . In the month and week view, you may also suppress the weekends altogether by activating the option View Skip Weekends ; days of the weekend will then only be shown if they contain appointments. Use the section ‘Task List and Calendar’ in the action form of Options Preferences to specify which days of the week are to count as weekend for you. Here, you may also specify your personal preferences for the first day of the week and the time scale in day and week views.
By default, the duration of an appointment is indicated in the day and week view of a calendar. You may have only the beginning of an appointment shown by deactivating the option View Show Duration .
By activating the option View Shrink Columns , the days of the week containing no appointments will get less room in the week and month view of a calendar; consequently, there will be more room for the display of appointments on the other days of the week.
Activating the option View Categories in Colour in day, week or month view lets you distinguish the different categories of appointments by the font colour of the appointment name. This option is without effect when the display of category icons is activated via View Entries .
In year and quarter view, the background colour of new appointments is yellow and that of changed appointments is orange. Using the option View Changes in Colour you may have the same effect in day, week and month view – but only if the display of event icons has been deactivated via View Entries .
You may control what sort of detailed appointment information is shown in the different calendar views by activating or deactivating the options of View Entries . Because there is more room, the day view offers more options than, e.g., the month or year view. After you have activated the option Check Box in the day, week or month view, you may use the multi-selection toolbar for actions on several appointments at a time.
Using View Filter , you may restrict the appointments shown in the calendar to those having a certain status by selecting the respective filter option. When the filter option ‘Invited’ is active, e.g., only appointments to which you have been invited as participant are shown.
You may activate or deactivate several viewing options at a time by selecting View Customize .
As with folders, you have the choice of having the viewing options set and stored individually for each calendar (personal and group calendar) or of having the viewing options of one calendar applied to all other calendars. This option is set in your personal preferences:
• Click Options Preferences in the top menu bar and go to the ‘Presentation’ section of the action form.
• Check the option Remember each folder’s view options if each calendar’s viewing options are to be treated individually; otherwise, the viewing options set for one calendar also count for each and every other calendar.
If the Remember option is active, you are still able to transfer viewing options to other folders or containers.
• Choose View Apply to All Similar to set the viewing options of the current calendar also for all other calendars.
When you have changed the viewing options of the current folder, you may still revert to the viewing options transferred to the current folder via Apply to All Similar by
• choosing View Reset .
If the Remember option is inactive, viewing options set for one calendar are also valid for all other calendars. You may exclude certain calendars from taking over the viewing options by
• checking View Individual for a particular calendar. You may then set the viewing options for this calendar different from the viewing options from other calendars. The viewing options for individual calendars are protected from being overridden by the settings of other calendars.
When the Individual option of a folder or container is deactivated, the viewing options are reset to the viewing options of the non-individualized calendars.
If you want to apply the viewing options of an individualized calendar to other calendars,
• choose View Apply to All Similar . Other individual folders will remain untouched by this action.
You may view the appointments of a calendar also arranged as a timeline where each appointment is placed at the position corresponding to its start time. If an end time is given, the temporal extension of the appointment is represented as a bar. The timeline view is shown in a separate browser window.
• Select GoTo Timeline in the top menu of a calendar to generate a timeline view of the appointments of the calendar.